Monday, June 14, 2010

Been a While

Well, for those of you who have been reading my blog, y'all know that I have not been posting recently. Last week was VBS at my church, so I helped out there at night which was when VBS was. I did not have a lot of time to cook a meal, eat it, and get out the door so I only made Greek Bean Soup for supper one night, even though I didn't get to eat it. My parents ate it though and loved it. Greek Bean soup has white beans, chicken or vegetable broth, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, and parsley for an optional garnish. You cook it like you would any other soup, except you don't put everything in the pot at the same time. First, you put the beans and the broth in the pot and let it cook for 1 1/2 hour. Then you add the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic and simmer for another 30 minutes. Finally, you add 3 T of olive oil and optional flaxseed oil (I hope I got that right) and simmer for another 3o minutes. Then dish it up and serve.

Friday, I did cook something else. I made another 7UP cake for a family in our church. Last Saturday, my church had a car show and a bake sale, with the proceeds from the car show going toward the Mexico Mission Team to help fund their mission trip to Mexico, and the proceeds from the bake sale going toward the family in our church, the Gaithers. The Gaithers are wanting to adopt two very cute twin baby boys. They started the adoption process in October hoping they could adopt internationally. They were blessed just a couple of months ago with these two sweet baby boys, Cason and Harley. They are raising funds for the adoption, and the bake sale is one of several fund raising opportunities that they are using. They raised $450 last Saturday. God is blessing them. Please keep them in your prayers.

Tomorrow night the cooking adventure continues with Chicken-and-Rice Skillet Dinner, green beans, and whole wheat rolls.

God bless.

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment